Monday, April 28, 2014

Menu April 28, 2014

Breakfast
Della Blend's Organic Quinoa Rice Blend, lentils and grilled zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, onions and tomatoes topped with agave mustard dressing.



I'm having my monthly chocolate cravings. Dark chocolate is chock full of antioxidants and all in all not an unhealthy item however my normal monthly bar is only 55% cocoa so I thought I'd try to cure the chocolate itch with my morning smoothie this month. Frozen bananas and strawberries with unsweetened cocoa powder, dried coconut and flax seed. Topped with cocoa nibs and more coconut.
YUM.



Snack  Hummus in the Blender and raw celery. Really, there's no excuse for me not to make my own hummus. This was crazy simple and very good.


Lunch
Burrito Bowl sans rice. This was so tasty yesterday and I have so much salsa left I had to whip up some more refried beans for lunch. Tons of lettuce, refried pintos, sauteed peppers, onions and shrooms, homemade salsa, cashew and sunflower seed sour cream and avocado.


Snack  - Apple

Dinner
Dinner was supposed to be leftover Cabbage Gratin. Instead it was this ridiculousness:




Excuse - got home late, had been burning up all day because I work with people who think 76 is an acceptable workplace temperature and then went to an after work meeting at a county building. The county turns their air off at 5:30. Our meeting starts at 5:30. Yay for energy saving. Boo for lack of forethought. Went for a quick run and I'm also in a LOVELY mood so no cabbage. Just more this ain't really chocolate but it's still good smoothie and a handful of roasted sunflower seeds I found in the bottom of my produce bin. Yeah. At least they were in a halfway closed bag?

1 comment:

  1. That smoothie really looks amazing, I could so go for one of those right now. Everything else looks amazing also. As usual.

    ReplyDelete