Thursday, May 1, 2014

Menu May 1, 2014

It's May, yay! According to the interwebz the following foods are celebrated in this month:

Asparagus
Barbecue (used in the INCORRECT way to mean any food on the grill, not the CORRECT way which means a pulled meat or meat like substance cooked in a tasty tasty sauce)
Chocolate Custard
Egg
Gazpacho
Hamburger
Salad
Salsa
Strawberries

Goal for this month is to make sure I hit all those, well, vegan versions anyway! Figuring out how to make sugar free vegan custard may be the most difficult but I'll get there.

Breakfast


Sweet potato, black beans, onions, grape tomatoes, mixed spring greens, romaine, salsa and guacamole.

May foods - Salad, check! Salsa, check!

Snack 

Strawberries, bananas, blueberries, coconut, flax seed and almond milk smoothie.

May foods - Strawberries, check!


Lunch

Zucchini noodles, sauteed mushrooms and kale with red lentil marinara.

Snack #1
Celery and hummus

Snack #2 (I may have a tapeworm today)

Not only can you tell I need a manicure, if you look closely you'll see a pedicure is also woefully delinquent.
 


Dinner 

OSG's Glowing Green "Pasta" Primavera. A friend gave me a mandolin about 4 months ago and I FINALLY played with it tonight. There's a few kinks to work out but I think I'll find a lot of uses for it.

May foods - Asparagus, check!

Snack 3 (seriously)

My stomach was growling at me after dinner even though I've eaten plenty as you can see. Had a strawberry, banana, cocoa powder, pb and almond milk smoothie with cacao nibs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment